Parks Day is July 20!
Eagle Point—Blue Rapids Parks Council is hosting Parks Day – a fun day filled with activities for the whole family on July 20, 2019 at Willey West Campground!
Morning activities start at 9:00am**
**River paddling, archery and a mushroom foray participants meet at the Boat Launch to sign waivers. These activities require pre-registration.
Afternoon activities from Noon to 5:30 pm.
- Noon to 4:00 pm – Childrens’ Activities – Cookhouse/Playground Area!
- Noon to 4:00 pm – Jet Boat Rides – Meet at Willey West boat launch, no pre-registration needed (although you will need to sign a waiver).
- Noon to 5:00 pm – Summer Craft Market – Check out the vendors set up near Willey West Cookhouse.
1:30 to 3:30 pm – Buskers’ Showcase (New!) – Live entertainment near the Willey West Cookhouse.
- 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm – Morning Star Drummers and Dancers will provide a beautiful, cultural, and captivating performance the whole family will enjoy.
- 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm – Community Barbeque sponsored by ATCO will wrap up the day. Come join us at Willey West Cookhouse f enjoy a free hamburger or hotdog!
History of Parks Day at Willey West
We’ve been celebrating Parks Day for 12 years! Parks Day began at Willey West 2008, just after Eagle Point-Blue Rapids Parks Council officially became incorporated under the Societies Act of Alberta as a non-profit organization. We began with a vision to create a sustainable balance of diverse recreational opportunities and environmental protection for all to enjoy in the Eagle Point Provincial Park and Blue Rapids Provincial Recreation Area. Parks Day has been a success each year, attracting many local residents, as well as many visitors to the area to participate in the event!
Our Sponsors and Partners
Our local partner clubs make Parks Day a success by facilitating excursions and events for Parks Day! Thank you to Brazeau Bowbenders Archery Club, West Central River Boat Association, Drayton Valley Paddling Club and Brazeau ATV Club.
Eagle Point-Blue Rapids Parks Council thanks our generous sponsors for supporting Parks Day 2019: Our Major Sponsor ATCO, Brazeau County and the Town of Drayton Valley. We also want to extend a huge thank you to our friends Scott and Sherry Robertson and the amazing staff at Willey West Campsite who help us facilitate Parks Day every year!
Weather and Events…
Weather conditions may impact some of the planned activities. For more information and updates on Parks Day, like us on Facebook at Eagle Point- Blue Rapids Parks or follow us at epbrparks on Instagram and Twitter.
See you at Parks Day, where adventure awaits!
Info – www.epbrparkscouncil.org/events/parks-day-2019 or 780-898-7275