Introduction to Nature Journaling with Artist Crystal Driedger
August 4, 2023 at the Pembina Nordic Centre (7010 Twp 494, Eagle Point Provincial Park)
Registration is now closed for this event.
About the Workshop
Join our Nature Journaling class and immerse yourself in the wild diversity of the outdoors while enhancing your artistic skills. Experience the joy of capturing nature’s wonders through observational sketching and learn to bring your drawings to life with an introduction to watercolour and ink techniques.
Optional addition: Our morning class is perfect for tweens and teens that love nature/science and art. Our afternoon class is an opportunity for artists of all skill levels that want to try their hand at drawing from observation in the wild for an afternoon
About our Instructor
Inspired by memories and imaginings from a childhood spent playing in the forests and fields of her family farm, Crystal Driedger’s work ranges from intricate botanicals to playful and charming animals and landscapes. Her work can be seen in the Royal Alberta Museum, the Telus World of Science, in several public collections and murals and has been published in children’s books and magazines and has been selected to show in international and national exhibitions. You can find her products sold across North America.
Crystal’s studio is in Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada where she works full-time as an artist and illustrator. Check out Crystal’s work on her website at www.crystaldriedger.com
- Session 1 is for Tweens and Teens and it’s free of charge! August 4, 10:00 am to Noon (optional supplies can be pre-purchased for $35 or bring your own)
- Session 2 is for Adults (16 and up), August 4, 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm (optional supplies can be pre-purchased for $65 or bring your own)
- unlined 5 x 8 or similar size sketchbook suitable for pencil and watercolours
- 2B pencil and pencil sharpener
- waterproof fine line felt tipped pen
- watercolour pencils (session 1 only ) or watercolours (pan style)
- small tub for dipping brushes
- paper towel
- watercolour brushes
- water bottle
- day-pack for carrying art materials
- sturdy closed toe shoes
- appropriate clothing for rain or shine
- snacks and drinks
Need to Know
Nature Journaling is an outdoor activity, but if it rains, we may do some of our art indoors. Please be prepared to be outdoors and wear appropriate clothing and shoes.
Coffee , tea and juice will be supplied!