Get your family outdoors on Family Day Weekend!
We’ve partnered with the Town of Drayton Valley to get you and your family outdoors, exploring the Drayton Valley area!
We’ve got 3 Scavenger Hunts that you can try with your family or cohort! Each hunt includes fun facts in the theme of the hunt.
- Ice and Easy – “Easy” Ice themed hunt at Discovery Park, Drayton Valley. Start at the Rotary House Parking Lot to find your first clue which will lead you through the park, picking up more clues along the way to help you decipher the hunt’s mystery word. Paved trails, fairly short distance.
- Trial by Fire – “Intermediate” Fire themed hunt starts at the Lions West Valley Park Day Use and has you searching for clues to help you decipher the mystery word, all the way to the Ivan-To Park Entrance. Paved Trails, one road crossing, longer distance.
- Don’t Go Breaking My Heart – Challenging Hearts and Love theme hunt! Use a map to find all the hearts hanging in the trees along the trail. Along your “heart stopping” way, you’ll be picking up clues to help you decipher the mystery word. Forested trail with steep sections. You should wear footwear with good treads or have a pair of cleats handy.
Download the FAMILY DAY SCAVENGER HUNT ENTRY FORM for full instructions on how to participate in the scavenger hunt and how to enter to win the following prizes:
- You could win a Yeti cooler full of frozen treats on the Ice and Easy Scavenger Hunt!
- You could win a Propane Fire Bowl with S’mores Kit on the intermediate Trial by Fire Scavenger Hunt!
- You could win a Two Person Tent and Dinner for Two on the challenging Don’t Go Breaking my Heart Scavenger Hunt!
Even if you aren’t participating in the Scavenger Hunt, you can check out the Ice Sculptures in Discovery Park on the Family Day weekend as well! These sculptures are done by members of the Sculptors Association of Alberta.
Remember to follow Alberta’s COVID guidelines while you engage in these activities.