The Pumpkin Walk returns to the Pembina Nordic Ski Trails on October 26, 2023 from 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm!
This family friendly, free event is hosted by Eagle Point-Blue Rapids Parks Council and Aim for Success.
- Come early if you wish to walk the trails while it’s still light.
- Come later if you want a spookier adventure, lit only by pumpkins on this 2 km + trail! (Families with little ones can choose to do the shorter trail).
- We encourage families, organizations, businesses and individuals to carve and donate pumpkins to be placed along the trails. You can drop off your carved pumpkins on October 26 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am at the Pembina Nordic Centre.
- We’re hosting a Scary Fairy Tale Haunted House this year, too!
- Please bring a food item to stuff the Scary Hearse! We’ll weigh it before and after the event to see how much food we’ve donated!
- Enter the pumpkin carving contest to have your pumpkin submission judged for 1st, 2nd or 3rd place.
- The Drayton Valley Library will bring story time to the tipi for the evening!
- Many of our community organizations will be set up on the trails. Make sure you stop and say hi as you go by.
- Weyerhaeuser will be donating sweet treats!
- We encourage costumes! Dress up as your favourite fairy tale princess, villain or character!
- Those wishing to donate funds, volunteer or donate pumpkins are encouraged to contact Sue at 780-898-3191 or Sandra at 780-898-5234 to get involved.