GO ON A WINTER WALK
- Collect items along the way and make a collage with them when you get home.
- Take some snowy pictures.
- Look for tracks in the snow.
MAKE SNOW ANGELS
- Look for a nice big patch of undisturbed white fluffy snow.
- Carefully fall backward with your arms outstretched; try to land in a T position.
- Move your arms and legs like you’re doing jumping jacks while pressing your head into the snow.
- Get up slowly; try not to ruin your amazing creation.
- Take a moment to admire your hard work.
PLAY SNOW BOWL-CURL (this is our combination of outdoor curling & bowling)
- Fill six 500mL plastic bottles with water and freeze them (add a few drops food colouring for fun)
- Fill a 4L milk jug with water and freeze.
- Set up the 500 mL bottles (aka pins) at one end of an ice surface.
- Mark off a starting line, then slide your milk jug (aka bowling ball) across that line, down the ice in an attempt to knock over the pins (pop/water bottles).
BLOW FROZEN BUBBLES (-15 C or colder is best!)
Mix up Homemade Giant Bubble Solution:
- 1 ½ c of water
- ½ c dish soap
- ¼ c white corn syrup
- Make a bubble wand or use a ready made one and blow the mixture out onto a plate – watch the beautiful icy crystals form!
PLAY SNOW MINI GOLF
- Use a small pail or large can as your hole & a hockey puck as your ‘golf ball’ – set up a course around your yard.
DO THE EAGLE POINT WINTER SCAVENGER HUNT: Eagle Point Winter Scavenger Hunt
BUILD A WINTER BUNDLE WREATH
- If circles aren’t your thing, this is the wreath for you!
- Bundle your greenery and wrap with craft wire around the stems
- Add ribbon at base of bundle stem.
SNOWBALL TARGET PRACTICE
- Use some coloured water in a squirt bottle to create your target in the snow.