The Drayton Valley Horse Club prides itself on offering horseback riding enthusiasts an amazing trail system that winds along the banks of the scenic Pembina River. Take the entire family on a leisurely ride or join in the fun that our organized trail rides have to offer. Looking to socialize with friends? Join us for our annual potluck supper or roast a wiener or two at our campfire gatherings!
The Drayton Valley Horse Club is currently proposing riding trails and a staging area on the west side of Blue Rapids Provincial Recreation Area.
- Near 80 kilometres of short and long loop riding trails
- Staging area with campsites (some with box corrals), tie stalls for 16 horses, water well, trail map
- 24’x40’ camp kitchen
- Organized social events such as campfires and trail rides
- Monthly Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month from February to October. For times and locations check the Drayton Valley Horse Club Facebook page.
- May – Trail Ride Against Cancer
- June – Ride and Camp-out
- July – Poker Rally Ride and Camp-out
- August – Fun Ride and Camp-out
- September – Annual Poker Ride
- November – Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Potluck Supper